Jack Harris didn't even bother to show up!! I didn't see any Asst. Chief's there either.Here is a copy of my 4 minute speech I made to the CALEA board. If any of the officers that attended would post their findings, please do.
Distinguished guests from CALEA. I am citizen of Phoenix and have been for over 15 years. I have an opinion about the CALEA re accreditation. I understand I am allowed 10 minutes, I will need just 4 ½ minutes.
Many of you already know about me and have already been contacted by me prior to this meeting.A website I represent includes many posts from current and former police officers about the leadership team in the Phoenix PD, under Jack Harris. I know this because some have revealed their identities to me and others provide internal documents and emails that could only come from officers. Jack and his team may already have started their “posturing” claiming I am crazy, fanatical, out of touch or in their terms “918” . I assure you I am not, and undoubtedly more of a threat…. since Jack and his team blocked access to the website to all police department computers.
The data I have is shocking and disturbing. Jack Harris openly admits and refuses to investigate his team members when policies are broken and crimes have been committed. I provided each of the CALEA assessors a copy of a letter dated June 7, 2006, from PLEA on Jack Harris actions (or I should say …inactions) At the time, Mark Spencer provided Chief Harris with examples of his failure to investigate police department employees ….and Jack’s responses was , “ I’m not going to allow PLEA and citizens to say when and how investigations are done.”
I have documents and proof that Jack Harris refuses to follow his own Operations Orders and adamantly refuses to investigate his friends on the Police Force. A sergeant Polombo who worked for Jack Harris while he managed PSB was directly involved in the National case against Mark Goudeau, trying to indentify and apprehend the infamous “Baseline Killer.” Sergeant Polombo was not only rumored to having intimate relations with another investigator in Homicide, but also has brought home numerous files and work. I am at a loss what Operations Order allows any officer to bring home departmental records. I and many are also at a loss as to why sergeant Polombo was never investigated by Jack Harris ---even if the rumors were unsubstantiated - ---on such a high-profile and national case?
A Detective named Dave Barnes who was a whistle-blower on the shoddy Lab practices; began his new afternoon patrols today. He is labeled a “trouble maker” and “difficult.” Asst. Chief Tracey Montgomery stated in an email to her Lt Joe Knott: “It is my hope that Dave’s specific conduct be addressed formally, rather than informally” and she goes onto state: “ Mark my words, if Dave is dealt with, others will think twice about Lab bashing.” This is typical of Jack’s retaliation; rather than looking into the shoddy procedures and the SOPs of his own Lab, Jack demotes the detective that brought it to his attention.
I could spend the next hour accounting to you other examples of Jack’s management team involved in EEO complaints, sexual liaisons, harassment claims, Cover –ups, Civil Rights Violations, poor judgment by officers obtaining DUIs, and flat out lies – which are never investigated, and barely reprimand. Internally, officers refer to this as FOJ – You are a friend of Jack – therefore afforded protection for your blind loyalty. They will cover things up, give you a written reprimand, hide you for a few months in a mindless job, then when the dust has cleared, they bring you back to your old glory. If you are not a friend of Jack, your career is ruined or you are demoted to patrol or passed over for promotions. In a few rare instances good officers have succumbed to taking their own lives, not able to face a humiliating end of a career, or being the Scapegoat to cover for a certain Asst. Chief’s indiscretions.
We do not criticize the officers who put their lives on the line each day, and the great sergeants and lieutenants that lead these officers that protect the citizens of Phoenix. My criticism is of Jack Harris, his lack of leadership and the rogue group of cops that are asst chiefs, or FRIENDS of JACK.
CALEA Assessment team: You could not afford to give the Phoenix PD or Jack Harris this
reaccreditation. If CALEA’s goal is to improve the delivery of public safety services, by
maintaining a body of standards….. then Chief Jack Harris has failed your testing and accreditation process, by refusing to investigate the misconduct and actions among his reports and subordinates.
In fact during your visit, why don’t you ask officers and employees around the department what they know about CALEA and what it is supposed to do for the Phoenix Police Department? All you will receive - undoubtedly – is a blank stare. When the policemans’ own Union has no confidence in their Chief of Police – then there is a problem. If you must give them there reaccreditation, I would demand you do it with a consent decree, under the auspice of the DOJ that closely monitors Jack Harris, his direct reports and the commanders of the Phoenix PD. Jack didn't even bother to show up tonight. That ought to give you some insight on what he thinks about CALEA and this reacredidation.
I believe I speak for many of your officers who are afraid to speak or are not provided a fair and impartial outlet to vent their complaints. I have provided them an outlet that you have refused to provide.
THANK YOU ALL and I appreciate the time given to speak this evening. If any of the CALEA representatives would like copies of my documents, I’ll be here for a short while.
6 comments:
You have brass balls for doing this! Jack and the asst. chiefs have no balls.
What happened to the other posts? I was told ther was some good stuff and I wanted to read it.
Jack and the PPD are really sweating it out right now with all the investigations against them. They are dying to know how you get the information on this site and who is posting it.
Please keep it up!! You have many supporters in the PPD. I wish more of us knew you were going to the CALEA meeting.
Very impressive, you are to be commended for your professionalism.
Wish I could have been there to see it!
Dont forget to mention teh affair Polombo had with another one of his employees years ago,Ofc. L. Judd........ He is a sirt ball and should sink as far as one could possibly sink. Amazing he was ever in PSB and now responsible for homicide cases.
To the comment on "what happened to the other posts?"
This is a Blog and post get old, therefore they get archived. The owners of the site are based out of state and are working on a new site that includes a Blog within it. We are also going to chat-it-up with Gino, the owner of RATEMYCOP to see if we can incorporate his rating system within the site.
Thankfully, being in IT we have may web designers who want to produce this site for next to nothing, to get some free publicity and experience.
The site will also be hosted outside of the United States (probably in Romania or China) so that no court order, judge, edict or person may ever shut it down, unless we want it shut down.
Post a Comment